Maybe you aren’t fond of vegetables, or maybe you are just trying to find some interesting ways to add more healthy foods to your diet. The following is a quick list of 12 ways you can get more nutrient dense vegetables into your daily food intake.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and find your own unique way of incorporating these nutritional powerhouses into your diet.
- Add the ones you like or “almost like” to foods that you do like. A few examples would be adding them to eggs, add them to mac and cheese, or my favorite, add them to lasagna. I add vegetables between the lasagna layers and I also blend fresh spinach into my ricotta.
- Add them to soups or make an entire vegetable soup medley. Almost every soup I make has broth that I have fortified with an extra dose of minerals simply by adding a small piece of kombu as it cooks. Sea vegetables are a great way to up the nutritional value.
- Use fresh chopped veggies in your salad. Some of my personal favorites, bell pepper, kale, napa cabbage, and of course my favorite fruit-avocado.
- Eat raw veggies with hummus or even your favorite nut butter.
- Eat raw veggies with your favorite dip.
- Put them in your spaghetti.
- Slice them on top of your pizza.
- Juice them with fruit for a healthy smoothie.
- Grill them, outdoors or on a grill pan.
- Season them with your favorite seasonings and saute or roast.
- Make them into fun kabobs or stuff them.
- Roast them and use them in sandwiches, tacos, meatloaf, or with pasta.
There are many ways to prepare vegetables, I have only touched on a few. What are you waiting for? Enjoy your vegetables in ways you may not have imagined. Do you have any that you enjoy? Share them here.
Please follow and like us:
With hundreds of dietary theories and a new best-seller on the shelf every year, how does anyone know what is best? You turn on the television and at any moment you are watching the latest fitness craze that is sure to help take off the pounds and get you in the best shape of your life. How do we accomplish our health, wellness, and life goals?
There are new fitness machines and gadgets hitting the market all the time. Let’s not forget all the dietary supplements that in one way or another will have you shedding weight and getting healthy in no time. The latest research shows that 1 in 4 men and 1 in 3 women, in the United States, is on a “diet.”
We have all tried a diet, a new fitness development, or supplement to reach our health and wellness goals. Weight Loss is a multimillion dollar a year business. It has a place in reality television, with shows like “The Biggest Loser,” and “Extreme Weight Loss.”
All too often we believe that the answer to health and wellness is found in those best-seller’s, the newest supplement or exercise craze. We focus on calories in, calories out, and we dread that 5am trip to the gym. A wealth of information and yet the obesity rates increase, and disease is prominent.
There is no “one size fits all” approach to health and wellness and it isn’t simply about the food you eat and those trips to the gym. If you aren’t also examining your career or life’s calling, your relationships, and your spiritual life (however you may define that), you are missing some very important keys to accomplishing your goals.
No matter what your health and life goals are, you have the answers and the ability to reach them. You hold the key and I will assist you in opening the door.
Please follow and like us: