I’m a firm believer in education. I also believe it is in living life that we gain our greatest knowledge.
My education has provided me with extensive knowledge in a holistic approach to health.
My coaching and nutrition training came from one of the leading nutrition schools in the world, the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. During my time of study, I explored over 100 dietary theories, learned practical lifestyle management techniques, and practical coaching skills from some of the worlds leading experts in the health and wellness field.
Here are just a few of the influential instructors I had while studying at IIN:
- Dr. Andrew Weil, best selling author and Director of the Arizona Institute for Integrative Medicine
- Dr. Deepak Chopra, foremost leader in the field of mind-body medicine, best selling author, and founder of the Chopra Foundation
- Dr. David Katz, Director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center
- Geneen Roth, best selling author and expert on emotional eating
- Dr. Mark Hyman, New York Times best selling author, international leader in the field of Functional Medicine
Prior to IIN, I received certification as a Laughter Wellness Instructor through the American School of Laughter Yoga in Los Angeles, CA. This training will leave you smiling and breathing more consciously. It is simply a fun time.
I am currently registered with the Yoga Alliance as a yoga instructor. Along with teaching yoga postures, I also teach calming meditation and yoga breathing techniques. My formal education as an instructor was through a wonderful school, Om My Yoga Academy, in Camp Hill, PA.
I am a Level 2 Reiki Practitioner with training and certification from a registered nurse. My conventional medical background comes with my education and work as a Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technician and as a Caregiver to people with chronic illnesses.