Gratitude is the open door to abundance! I start each day with an exercise in gratitude. Wellness isn’t just about nourishment for the physical body, we need to nourish the spiritual, mental and emotional bodies as well. What are you grateful for today?
I’ve been sewing off and on since I was a teenager. I was in my early 20’s when I first saw a Baby Lock machine and I was hooked. They were way out of my budget and I believed that owning one would only ever be a dream. I would dream and then let it go, always grateful for what I did have.
Last year I took a step up the sewing machine ladder and bought a Singer Stylist with all the bells and whistles. It was more than I ever had in a machine. Gratitude is a constant in my life and I was happy.
Fast forward a year, I started a project sewing special pillowcases for cancer patients, inspired by the work I do at Unlimited Smileage. The dream resurfaced as I sat and stitched.
I decided I would go look at them again. This time the universe had other plans for my dream. I was lead to a shop that is locally owned and wanted to see me with the machine of my dreams. Long story short, my new Baby Lock is now sitting on my sewing table ready to start the Pillowcase Challenge. My goal is to see how many pillowcases I can stitch in the month of March, all of which will be donated to charity.
Paying it forward!
In keeping with the gratitude theme, I’m giving away my Singer Stylist to one lucky winner. This machine with all the added accessories is valued at over $500. I want to see someone using it in love and service to their family, friends, and community.
There are two requirements. The first, sign up for the Begin Within Wellness newsletter. The second, comment on this blog post and tell me in 150 words or less how you would use this machine in service to others(family included) and why you feel you should win. If you prefer not to comment and would like to keep your response private, I will also accept email submissions.
It’s that easy.
- There is no cost to enter.
- It is open to individuals as well as not for profit agencies.
- Deadline to enter is March 15, 2016.
- The winner will be notified by email on or before March 30, 2016.
- The contest is open only to those in the U.S. with the exception of Hawaii and Alaska. (I’m sorry shipping would be an issue outside of the lower 48.)
- The winner may be required to pay a small fee to assist with shipping. If the winner is local to me, I will be happy to deliver.
- Although I will do my best to ship safely, the machine doesn’t come with any expressed warranty. Unfortunately, I have no control over the shipping process. The machine works well and as you can see by the picture, it comes with tons of accessories.
What are you waiting for? I can’t wait to hear your stories and find a new loving home for this machine.