Maybe you aren’t fond of vegetables, or maybe you are just trying to find some interesting ways to add more healthy foods to your diet. The following is a quick list of 12 ways you can get more nutrient dense vegetables into your daily food intake.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and find your own unique way of incorporating these nutritional powerhouses into your diet.
- Add the ones you like or “almost like” to foods that you do like. A few examples would be adding them to eggs, add them to mac and cheese, or my favorite, add them to lasagna. I add vegetables between the lasagna layers and I also blend fresh spinach into my ricotta.
- Add them to soups or make an entire vegetable soup medley. Almost every soup I make has broth that I have fortified with an extra dose of minerals simply by adding a small piece of kombu as it cooks. Sea vegetables are a great way to up the nutritional value.
- Use fresh chopped veggies in your salad. Some of my personal favorites, bell pepper, kale, napa cabbage, and of course my favorite fruit-avocado.
- Eat raw veggies with hummus or even your favorite nut butter.
- Eat raw veggies with your favorite dip.
- Put them in your spaghetti.
- Slice them on top of your pizza.
- Juice them with fruit for a healthy smoothie.
- Grill them, outdoors or on a grill pan.
- Season them with your favorite seasonings and saute or roast.
- Make them into fun kabobs or stuff them.
- Roast them and use them in sandwiches, tacos, meatloaf, or with pasta.
There are many ways to prepare vegetables, I have only touched on a few. What are you waiting for? Enjoy your vegetables in ways you may not have imagined. Do you have any that you enjoy? Share them here.